If you’re a fan of the Starbucks’ chai latte, you are going to LOVE this recipe.
Chai tea concentrate.
Whether it’s summer or winter, if you come to our place you’ll most likely find a bottle of this chai latte concentrate in our fridge.
Not only is it delicious and easy to make, but it’s also way cheaper than Starbucks.
And the best part? Once it’s ready, making a chai late is as easy as adding one part of the chai tea concentrate and two parts milk (or your favourite milk alternative). Oh! If you want it cold, don’t forget to add the ice.
Ingredients for chai tea concentrate
To prepare this chai tea concentrate you will need the following spices:
- Cinnamon stick
- Star anise
- Black pepper
- Black tea, I like to use assam tea
- Sugar, or your favourite sweetener: honey, maple syrup, stevia,…
- Vanilla extract
How to serve it?
Once the chai tea concentrate is ready, all that remains is to serve it. To do this, add 1 part concentrate to every 2 parts milk (or vegetable drink).
For example, for a 300 ml cup we would use: 100 ml of tea concentrate and 200 ml of milk. And that’s it! It is ready to enjoy.
How to make Chai Latte (Video)
- 4 tbsp. black tea, I love to use assam
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 8 pods cardamom
- 12 cloves
- 2-3 star anise
- 1 tbsp. black peppercorn seeds
- ⅓ cup ginger , sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1200 ml water
Chai Latte (300 ml)
- 100 ml chai concentrate
- 200 ml milk or vegetable alternative
- In a mortar add the cinnamon, the cloves, the star anise, the cardamom and the black pepper. Crush them.
- Pour into a pot and toast the spices for a couple of minutes.
- When you notice their fragrance, add water, sugar and ginger.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the black tea and the vanilla extract.
- Let it steep, strain and set aside.
- To prepare the chai latte, just add one part of concentrate for every two parts of milk or your favourite vegetable alternative.