Please activate English subtitles :)
Tabla de Contenido
Let’s be real, a ramen without that creamy, marinated egg it is simply not the same.
Some time ago, I shared in my Spanish blog a more elaborated way to prepare it – coming in English soon!
Since then, I have been modifying it slightly until I came up with this EXTREMELY easy version. The best, you still get all the flavour with zero effort.
Tips for an easy ramen egg.
There are 4 tips that will allow you to get perfect eggs. EVERY TIME.
Tip 1: Use the eggs at room temperature.
When I make ramen eggs, I like to take the eggs out from the fridge a couple of hours before.
This helps to diminish the shock between the fridge temperature and the boiling water. Therefore, the chance of the egg cracking while cooking will be lowered.
Tip 2: Use “old” eggs.
Yes, yes, you heard that right. When eggs are very fresh, they are WAY harder to peel. So if your eggs are about to expire, it’s the perfect time to boil them!
Tip 3: Cold bath.
Want perfectly round eggs with a creamy inside? Then bath them with cold water.
When we finish cooking the eggs, it is important to add them to a bowl with very cold water and ice. This will help to stop the cooking process.
In addition, the hard-boiled egg will be completely oval and without indentations. The longer the eggs are allowed to cool, the easier they will be to peel.
Tip 4: For a centred yolk, don’t stop stirring.
When you add the eggs to the water, it is important to stir for the first 2 minutes. This way you will get centred yolks.
How to make ramen egg - EASY!
- Put a pot of water to boil. Add the eggs and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, see note.
- While the eggs are cooking, prepare a bowl with cold water and ice.
- As soon as the eggs are ready, add them to the bowl with the ice and let them cool.
- Peel and add the eggs to the sauce made on step 1.
- Marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- 6 minutos para una clara cuajada, pero una yema líquida.
- 6 ½ minutos para una clara cuajada, una yema blanda y líquida.
- 7 minutos para una clara cuajada y una yema medio cuajada.